Training sessions and visits organised by the APML training subgroup
You can receive notifications of forthcoming training and events by joining our mailing list.
Thursday 10th August 2017, 10.30am – 4.30pm
Venue: Royal Astronomical Society, Burlington House, Piccadilly
Knowing and Growing Your Audiences to Achieve HLF Funding
Trainer: Claire Adler
The course will cover the following areas, and will consist largely of workshop activities:
- Knowing your current audience – techniques for finding out more about your current audiences.
- Finding out who your potential audiences are – interest groups and local communities etc.
- Developing projects to target these new audiences.
- An outline of the different HLF grant programmes.
- How to apply to HLF for funding – what HLF are looking for in a successful application.
About the trainer: Claire Adler is a Museum and Heritage Consultant who specialises in researching, writing and delivering HLF applications and projects; and mentoring and monitoring projects as an HLF-appointed Expert Advisor on Learning and Community.
The fee for the course will be between £65 and £80 per person, depending on numbers. Lunch is not included.
Upcoming visits will be displayed here
Previous training sessions
03/03/2017 Copyright for Librarians by Naomi Korn, IP Consultant, Naomi Korn Copyright Consultancy Ltd, held at the Royal Astronomical Society, covering:
- Introduction to copyright
- What does copyright protect and how long does it last? (Including update about 2039)
- Exceptions to copyright for libraries: what can you do, with what, by whom and when?
- Creative Commons licences and finding free content you can use legally
- Orphan works, risk management and possible solutions
- Social media and copyright
- Copyright surgery
02/06/2016 – How to Manage Archive Collections, by Elizabeth Oxborrow-Cowan, Consultant Archivist, at the Egypt Exploration Society.
25/04/2016 – RDA Briefing session at Royal Astronomical Society, London
Read a blog post about this session
30/11/2016 – Visit to the National Theatre Archives
19/10/2016 – Visit to the National Archives, Kew
11/07/2016 – Visit to the V&A Archives
22/03/2016 – Visit to the Royal College of Physicians, for a Curator led tour of the exhibition Scholar, courtier, magician: the lost library of John Dee, followed by a tour of the building.